Stable Candidate Release Firmware 25.9 now auto scheduled to upgrade *Update 25.9 now Stable*

pjc
A model citizen

Stable Candidate Release Firmware 25.9 now auto scheduled to upgrade *Update 25.9 now Stable*

Hi all

We are waiting for 25.9 to go stable release to implement on our production network, but noticed that all of our networks have been scheduled to auto firmware update to the stable release candidate 25.9 in 1-2 weeks time.  Are Meraki now auto updating client networks with stable release candidate firmware where it use to be just stable that got updated ?

Update:  25.9 has now gone from Stable Release Candidate to Stable

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5
viking
Here to help

For better or worse, Meraki needs 20% of their install-base to run the stable RC before they will mark it as stable.  My networks got auto-scheduled as well.  I think this is their way of "nudging" the release.

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Firmware_Upgrades/Meraki_Firmware_Release_P...

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

All of the orgs I manage that were not already on 25.9 were auto scheduled last night. Perhaps 25.9 should already be called a stable release if it's hit the 20% mark, but at this point I'm not sure I believe Meraki follows the published firmware naming guidance anymore. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Note that 25.9 IS marked as a stable image (and not a stable release candidate).

Screenshot from 2018-02-09 08-52-23.png

When the notice was sent out, the image was still marked as Stable Release Candidate. Here the screenshot of this from the Dashboard that I left open since announcement.

However, its a good thing that they made it Stable, should provide assurance to many operators.

SRC25.9Update.JPG

Find my post helpful? Please give me a kudo!
CCNP Certified and Meraki Operator
pjc
A model citizen

Yes, what he said.  It was still showing as SRC, not stable yesterday.  Good news now !

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels