Sponsored guest reporting

PhilN
Here to help

Sponsored guest reporting

We have the sponsored guest feature enabled and configured. Is there a way to report who connected to the sponsored guest and who approved it?

Thanks for any advice.

7 REPLIES 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know the answer.

Two things I would check:

1. Try looking under "Wireless/Splash Logins".

2. The event log.

PhilDAth: This looks like the correct location but there is nothing displayed even though I know that there have been users authorized today.

Rudi: This looks like manually added users and the Wireless they can access.

Neither shows active "Sponsored Guest" users.

Thank you 

Thanks All I have confirmed with Meraki Support. This is not currently available. I have added a feature request. 

Hey Phil,

Have you got any replies from Meraki on your feature request?

We are deploying sponsored access for a client and that feature would be quite helpful.

I agree that this is a critical admin feature that should be available. The Sponsored guest feature creates a control to govern access. It is a bit confusing why you can't find out who approved the request and the name & email address of the requester. This is basic audit information. It should be available.

Rudi
Getting noticed

Not entirely sure I'm thinking of the right thing, but you can look here for registered users on your network:

Network Wide -> Users

Select the SSID.

There is a list of usernames, when they registered, who authorized the registration. 

Not sure if this is what you were after.

Rudi, when i go to 'Network-Wide', 'Users', the only thing I see are the names of the Meraki administrators. 

Is there any new information on this request? This is most helpful so that we can audit facilities that abuse the wireless Guest network. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels