Splash page re-login alert or notification

VRB
Here to help

Splash page re-login alert or notification

We are using a 7 day account expiry. Is there an account expiry alert when using the splash page? Some users tend to report this as WiFi disconnection, wherein its not. It's just their account that needs to re-login again. This is usually experienced on apple units. On android, there's a notification on top of the screen that tells you to re-login again.

4 REPLIES 4
Network-dad
A model citizen

There is none that I know of.... it's mainly up to the device to detect when there is a captive portal requiring sign in.. like on android or iOS..

Dakota Snow | Network-dad Linkdedin
CMNO | A+ | ECMS2
Check out The Bearded I.T. Dad onThe Bearded I.T. DadThe Bearded I.T. Dad
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Could you use something different like WPA2-Enterprise mode?

Do you need to use a splash page?

Network-dad
A model citizen

It would also help to know your environment... Is this a Guest/Public network? Is the splash page mainly a TOS that the users need to accept? a little more information might be helpful...

Dakota Snow | Network-dad Linkdedin
CMNO | A+ | ECMS2
Check out The Bearded I.T. Dad onThe Bearded I.T. DadThe Bearded I.T. Dad
Charlie-Sangha
Comes here often

What happens when user's are prompted for re-login and alert / notification?

Do they need to re-authenticate and enter there authentication details again?

You can check the splash page frequency to confirm how often it should be appearing for users. Under configure and then splash page.

Please refer to this link - https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Splash_Page_Frequenc...

Hopefully, that helps.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels