Splash page login when not enabled on that AP

agenmiki
New here

Splash page login when not enabled on that AP

We have a device that is not able to connect to our employee SSID that is set up as direct access (no splash) when you enter the credentials for the user it connects but shows no internet. (we do not use radius authentication)

when you connect to the AP (mr32) with the credentials the behaviour is different between browsers

Edge shows https://nxx.network-auth.com/splash/grant_user_access?key  then a string of number I assume is some kind of authentication

Chrome errors out saying the n.xx.network-auth.com redirected too many times

the below screenshot shows the logs we can see for the client.

We also have another SSID for guest connections which does have a splash page and this works fine on the same device.

The only other log is for event type 'OKC Match' which led me to this article

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/WiFi_Basics_and_Best_Practices/Pairwise_Master_Key_and_Opportuni... 

So the only thing I can deduct from this would be to clear the cache of the AP but realised these have been restarted since the error so doubt this is the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>is set up as direct access (no splash) when you enter the credentials for the user it connects but shows no internet

It is acting as thought a splash page is configured.  What are you entering your credentials into?  A splash page, WPA2-Enterprise mode, something else?

Sorry! I am fairly new to Meraki so I thought I may have missed some information.

The SSID encryption is set up with 802.1X with Meraki RADIUS and the credentials are entered in when connecting to the SSID through windows.

capuitre1.PNG

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels