Splash Page Frequency works with Active Directory Authentication?

mm13
Conversationalist

Splash Page Frequency works with Active Directory Authentication?

Hey everyone,

Trying to configure the new SSID after being on Ruckus (ooof).  We are currently using Active Directory to authenticate; but I'm a little unclear on how to make the frequency different.

I've changed the Splash Page frequency to my preferred method; but a couple of my laptops had to reauthenticate to AD this morning.

Does the 'Splash Page frequency' attribute work with Active Directory authentication; or is it based on the set client lease time?  Just want to get some clarity and make sure we are good to bring everyone in.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2
MilesMeraki
Head in the Cloud

I assume you're using LDAP for authentication, not Radius? I know with Radius that the splash page frequency is governed by session-timeout attribute (https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Splash_Page/Splash_page_frequency) with LDAP, however, I am not 100% sure.

My guess is that it would be governed by the splash page frequency attribute within the Wireless>Splash page. The reason that you had some clients present the splash page after changing this attribute was that they still had the old lease time configured. Therefore now after forcing a re-authentication of the client, they have the new attribute time.

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

+1 to @MilesMeraki on "Wireless>Splash page" setting.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels