Splash Login User Removal Permanently

SCNL
Comes here often

Splash Login User Removal Permanently

Hi,

We have just configured the Splash Login via AD on particular SSID. Its working fine. But we are facing issues when we un-authorizing the particular user from SPLASH LOGIN entries. The unauthorize user state is showing inactive but the user still able to access the network. Could you please let us know any way to delete that user from entry table.

Thanks

Ashish Dhillon

6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

unfortunately It's not possible, but, you can block the client If you want. Just to understand, Are you using a external page? Are you blocking all access until sign-on on SSID configuration?

alemabrahao_0-1665575767451.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
SCNL
Comes here often

Hi,

Yes we want to block all access until for next sign on. But its not getting happened. User status is showing inactive but still user is able to access both internal as well as external network.

Thanks

Ashish Dhillon

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you blocking all access until sign-on on SSID configuration like this? Can you show me your SSID configuration? 

alemabrahao_0-1665577082270.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

1. Log into Dashboard.
  2. Navigate to Configure>Access control or Wireless>Configure>Access control if in Combined view
  3. Select your SSID from the SSID drop down.
  4. Under the section Network access, locate the Splash Page section.
  5. Select the Click-through radio button. Once selected, captive portal selections will appear.
  6. Select your captive portal strength from the Captive portal strength drop down.
    • Allow non-HTTP traffic prior to sign-on: All traffic types except for TCP port 80 are allowed before the splash page is acknowledged.
    • Block all access until sign-on is complete All traffic types are blocked until the splash page is acknowledged.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Block_Listing_and_All...

SCNL
Comes here often

Hi,

We already configured "Block all access until sign-on is complete" option. Below Elaborating the issue briefly :

- When user connects our SSID, user gets captive portal page automatically and able to login to the captive portal.

- Now the issue is : Post that when we unauthorize the user from SPLASH LOGIN, the user session showing as inactive. This means that now user must have to login the portal again. Right?

But this is not getting happened as user session is active. We checked it manually that user is still able to access the Network both internal as well as external. So, we want to delete the users session from the entry table. Please suggest.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I suggest you open a case with Meraki, It looks like a bug.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels