Splash Authentication events in logs but Splash Authentication is not configured

JimGotNet
New here

Splash Authentication events in logs but Splash Authentication is not configured

We are seeing Splash Authentication events in the logs but we don't have splash authentication configured for the wireless.  Many times after a Splash Authentication event appears in the logs we find the client is blacklisted.  What can cause these events when the authentication method is not even configured?

Mar 21 19:41:58Office 233Our-WiFiHP-LaptopSplash authenticationduration: 2592000
4 REPLIES 4
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Check if that client is blacklisted/blocked by chance. Also just check access control one more time to be sure there isn't anything off in your config.

Enthusiast

The clients quite often get blacklisted after this event.  I have checked, rechecked access control.  There is not Splash authentication on this SSID or any other.  I do appreciate the response, thank you.

Hi,

This is strange.

Could you try upgrading the firmware to Latest Stable? If already not.

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network
fmartinez
New here

Hi

I get the same problem on my network, do you find any solution to this?

Thanks

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels