Specific Sponsor email adress for Guest WLAN

SOLVED
MEmami
Here to help

Specific Sponsor email adress for Guest WLAN

Hi everyone,

I want to user the sponser login option for our guest WLAN. As I see, for the confirmation Email, we can give a domain, it means the guest can use any email address in that domain to get access to the network. I need to specify a certain email address for the sponser login but I did not find any possibility for that.

Can anyone recommend me a solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I have a possible solution.  Purchase a domain for this specific purpose that has only one email address.   

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I have a possible solution.  Purchase a domain for this specific purpose that has only one email address.   

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

Hi @BrandonS,

Thank you for your respond, we have done the same. I just wanted to know if there a possiblity to use an exact email address. But unfortunately, it seems that it is not possible.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can't do that.  Sponsored login is to allow any employee to authorise their guest.

Take a look at using a guest ambassador instead and see if that is a better fit.

https://meraki.cisco.com/blog/2013/05/guest-ambassadors-providing-simple-and-secure-guest-access/ 

Hi @PhilipDAth ,

thank you for your reply, we checked the guest ambassador before but our customer asked for sponsored login with a specific mailbox, which does not seem to be possible. So we have assigned a new domain for that.

EnricoPa
New here

Hello, check this solution: https://apps.meraki.io/en-US/apps/412605/backloop---sponsored-guest-access

you can set multiple options and also define a list of allowed email address

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels