Sonicwall AP connected to MX device

Fantasticmrfox
Comes here often

Sonicwall AP connected to MX device

Has anyone had success connecting a Meraki MX device to SonicWall AP's.  We have placed an MX device in a SonicWall shop with a VLAN so that we can control one of the SSID's broadcasted from the Sonicwall AP.  It's proven challenging.  We cannot get a DHCP lease off of the device and it appears that the Sonicwall AP's only want to communicate to the SonicWall firewall.....Looking for any good insight.

4 REPLIES 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is the MX port configured in access or trunk mode?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

trunk

It should work without problems, I've configured wireless solutions from other vendors with MX and I've never had problems on the MX side, usually it's some missing or incorrect configuration on the controller side.

Do you have any switch between the MX and or AP?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

yes...that is kind of what I am thinking.  There is something wrong in the controller setup. I have done this multiple times with Ubiquity and never had a problem.  I will be at the customer location problem tomorrow and show know more about how it was installed.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels