Simulate AP placement based on site plan

Briggsb
Comes here often

Simulate AP placement based on site plan

Hi,

So excuse this blatant comparison to Aerohive, which has this exact tool...

Can I simulate the placement, and subsequent coverage, of meraki AP's, before purcahse? Using a diagram / floor plan, basically simulate the coverage, draw in walls and obstructions etc, and see what the picture looks like?

AH has a great tool for the exact same thing, and it seems to work really well based on the real signal we get from an AP currently.

Basically, if I go with Meraki AP's, I would like to know (simulation / assumption is fine) how many AP's I need, dotted around the various floors, before I purchase.

Thanks, Alan

5 REPLIES 5
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

You can try this: Launch RF Planner

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Sadly I still use Aerohive's tool.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Niklas
Here to help

As earlier stated, the RF Planner tool is great and theres also a trial for i think 30 days that lets you use all features for free! The free version works great as well for most use cases if you run out of the trial

Another option would be to use Ekahau or a partner working with them for off-site-surveys/presales: https://www.ekahau.com/

cta102
Building a reputation

For planning you need to use Ekahau Pro edition as the standard edition only provides for site surveys

JHO
Here to help

We use Ekahau.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels