Show Clients whitelisted by SSID

woz
Conversationalist

Show Clients whitelisted by SSID

Hello,

New deployment, so feel like this is an easy one, but... 

I have several SSIDs and many clients, some given whitelist access to 2 SSIDs, some clients another SSID, etc. 

How do you display all clients whitelisted to a specific SSID?  

When looking at a client that has been whitelisted to a certain SSID, there's no information about what SSIDs it's been given access to on the client prop page.  These clients I'm talking about are offline currently, but don't think that should matter.  I don't see any SSID page on the dashboard to see the authorized clients per SSID and can't see any whitelisted SSIDs on the client page.  This should be forefront info IMHO...  So where's the cheese?

6 REPLIES 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you are referring to the built in group policy called "Whitelist" - that that is applied to a client - and it doesn't matter what SSID they connect to.

woz
Conversationalist

Hey Philip,

Not the global whitelisting policy, but the whitelisting policy per SSID.  Hope the pic shows what I mean.  I've taken the approach of granting whitelist to certain SSIDs for each client.  Each client has a custom policy that allows them only whitelist access to certain SSIDs.  Others I may end up blocking all by default.  

6-4-2018 00-26-10.png

Hi, 

A very old thread but exactly the same question also concerns me. Is there a solution? Where can I find the whitelist?

what`s the difference between "Normal" vs. "Whitelist"? Unfortunatyl I can`t find a useful documentation...

"Whitelist" bypasses all rules, such as firewall rules, traffic shaping rules, content rules, etc.

that’s weired 😞

probably you know, why than the MR Firewall Configuration blocking the client from getting IP-settings from the MX via DHCP and from accessing the network as well?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels