Share wireless signal

SOLVED
Julian96
Conversationalist

Share wireless signal

Regards, How should I configure the Meraki MR 42 AP to share the internet?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you very much for your contributions, I will try what is proposed by MacuserJim

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
MacuserJim
A model citizen

I assume you are wanting to plug the MR into your wired network and broadcast an SSID for users to connect to? You will need to claim it in your dashboard and add it to a wireless network. From there you can configure the SSID name, pre-shared key, etc. Then just plug the MR into your network and power it on. It will take a few minutes to download the configuration and you should be good to go.

Here is a little bit of documentation from Meraki on that.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/MR_Quick_Start

Oscpimienta
Here to help

It depends on what you requiered, whit Meraki AP, you can do a lot of things!!

Take a look at every site on the dashboard so you can discovere it.

Julian96
Conversationalist

Thank you for your comments, excuse my english; specifically I need to connect an ap to the internet issued by the other ap, which broadcasts the internet

Thanks

Is the other AP a Meraki AP? If it is here is a good article to explain how that all works.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Deployment_Guides/Mesh_Deployment_Guide_(CVD)

@Julian96 if you are trying to connect the Meraki AP to another branded AP's wireless signal then this isn't possible as far as I know. 

@BlakeRichardson @Julian96

(Sorry Blake, i posted this then saw that you did clarify for another brand of AP. I haven't had my Mtn Dew yet today 😉

It is possible. If you have one AP wired to the network it can act as a gateway for repeater APs within range. I just set this up with some test hardware. I had one MR set up and wired to the network and then up a second one wired as well to download the config and update firmware (it was in storage for a bit). Then I removed the LAN cable and just had it running off the power cord. After a few minutes it found the other AP wired to the network and formed a mesh with it and is repeating the wireless signal.

Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 8.27.38 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-10-26 at 8.30.17 AM.png 

Thank you very much for your contributions, I will try what is proposed by MacuserJim

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels