Setting up MR33 on a network with several AP

Solved
QueeSo
Conversationalist

Setting up MR33 on a network with several AP

Hi, I am setting up an MR33 with PoE injector but I am finding it difficult to have my switch and APs link to the Meraki.

An idea of my setup is below:

-iDirect Modem for connection to VSat service

-MikroTik RouterBoard for DHCP setting

-I am trying to have the MR33 setup right between here to manage the APs, wired/wireless device (Users)???????

-Cisco Switch for connection other APs and wired/wireless devices on the network

1 Accepted Solution
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you want to manage a user's internet access using existing non Meraki APs you need an MX.  Current MXs are 64,67,68,84,100,250 and 450 in order of power from least to greatest.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The MR33 cannot manage the other APs, it talks to the Meraki cloud for management.  I'd just plug it into the Cisco switch.

QueeSo
Conversationalist

Many thanks for the support. Is there any other meraki device I can use to manage the APs? I know the MR12 does but I couldn't find that model. 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you want to manage a user's internet access using existing non Meraki APs you need an MX.  Current MXs are 64,67,68,84,100,250 and 450 in order of power from least to greatest.

QueeSo
Conversationalist

Thank you very much for helping out here. Much appreciated! 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels