See broken images when copied and pasted in to gmail.

NishikaKamat
Conversationalist

See broken images when copied and pasted in to gmail.

When we try to view images which are added to the gmail, it appears broken.
This issue only happens for 2 of our office SSIDs ALIPL_Corp and ALIPL_IT SSID whereas for other 2 SSIDs ALIPL_Mobile & ALIPL_Guest we are able to view the images. Infact outside these SSIDs even on hotspot this issue does not occur.
I have removed all Layer 7 Firewall rules for both Corp & IT SSIDs.
This issue seems to be with SSIDs since even If I whitelist the clients, they are still unable to see the image.
Whereas on my hotspot or ALIPL_Mobile and ALIPL_Guest as well the image is visible.

The setting for ALIPL_Mobile as well as ALIPL_Guest is NAT Mode IP Client Assignment while ALIPL_Corp and ALIPL_IT is using Bridge Mode IP Client Assignment.

Since we use Airtame and other File Sharing applications at office I cannot put ALIPL_Corp and ALIPL_IT using NAT Mode since this will not allow screen sharing and wireless printing.

This issue is only when image is copied and pasted in the email. When sent as attachment it is working fine.
I was unable to find a solution for this on your support page.
I have raised an request with Meraki support as well.

Anyone here who can help me with any inputs will be highly helpful.

4 Replies 4
AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi @NishikaKamat 

As both the SSIDs are in bridge mode.

Is there anything in between the network blocking the contents (Firewall / Proxy)?

Are the APs management IPs whitelisted (Unrestricted) as Guest SSID can access every content?

How is the network connectivity? Data Flow?

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network

Hello Ajit,

I tried to remove all restrictions from Firewall.
I even removed all Layer 7 rules on all the SSIDs.
I restarted the entire network. I disabled & enabled both SSIDs but still the problem persist.(this was the solution provided by Meraki support).

Then I created a new SSID with exact same configuration, and put it in Bridge Mode (same as other 2 SSIDs).
I even gave VLAN tag of 40. And when I connect to that SSID this problem is resolved.
I think I need to remove these SSIDs all together and create new ones.

What confuses me is this configuration has been in place since January 2020 and there was no issue.
Suddenly I am facing this issue which is why I am confused.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Anything appearing in the event log (could be content filtering) or the security event log?

Hello Phillip,

No absolutely nothing is being shown in event log.
And some clients are even completely whitelisted and still face the same issue.
I have setup my network on December 2019 and these configurations have been same since then.
I am facing this issue now for only 2 SSIDs which does not seem to resolve even if I remove all restrictions/rules. Reboot entire network and also disable & enable SSIDs.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels