Schedule templates

labfiap
New here

Schedule templates

Hello people, would you like to know if there is a possibility to configure SSID Schedule templates by date and time, or only by days of the week and time?
We work a lot with dates here, and often we have to keep changing.
If you could create Schedule templates with dates, it would be great.

Thanks!!

15 REPLIES 15
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Not possible today indeed. It's probably a good idea to make a wish. I've heard similar requests in the past.

How can we open this request for meraki?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>How can we open this request for meraki?

While logged into the dashboard on the page in question, use the "Make a wish" option in the bottom right hand corner.

pjc
A model citizen

Also, it's a shame that you cannot assign different time schedules for the same SSID within the same network and apply those different schedules to AP's with different tags.

We have some locations that need different public wifi availability times, but have to create different networks for these sites, even though the rest of the configuration is indenticle

I've 'made a wish' for this, please do the same if you think likewise 👍

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

Within the dashboard no, but you might be able to use the API. Depends on what exactly you are trying to do.

https://dashboard.meraki.com/api_docs#update-the-attributes-of-an-ssid

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is what the schedule page looks like (no dates).

1.PNG

Thanks for the help my friend.
This screen is the one we use today.
It does not support more advanced customization, by date, unfortunately.

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

The advanced customization of alot of Meraki stuff needs to be done in the API. I suggest learning some more about it and getting comfortable with basic tasks to start.

pjc
A model citizen

@SoCalRacerSadly no API for SSID availability schedules that I can see unless you know different ?

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

My suggestion would be configure the SSID as you need. Leave it disabled though. Then use a scheduled API call/script to run and enable the SSID, when the schedule needs to be off then have another scheduled API call/script run to disable the SSID. Also you could create a script to run that you could input a qty of days like 10, and have the script disable the SSID after 10 days if that was what you are looking for.

pjc
A model citizen

@SoCalRacer  Yes that might work for some (including the OP), our issue is that we need to turn it off and on for different access points at different times, so we would in addiiton to your suggestion also have to tag and untag certain AP's at some sites, or we don't have a schedule at all (on at all times), and instead just run scripts to tag AP's on and off with the tag for the SSiD

cheers

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

@pjc 

Possibly you could supply some info about your needs and I could think of a solution?

pjc
A model citizen

@SoCalRacer  Thanks for the offer.

For example, we have 30 libraries, and ideally I would like to manage them in the same dashboard network (all of the AP's in one network), however, as some libraries close at different times and open different days, we have been asked to only make the public wifi available when each library is open.

Therfore I have about 5 different schedules for the same SSiD, but in order for that to work, I have to have 5 different networks, each a clone of the original (same ssid), but each with a slightly different schedule applied to that SSiD (on/off time)

I would like to have all in one network but be able to apply different schedules in the form of tagging certain AP's.  Howver, in the dashboard you can only apply one schedule per SSiD

I think I'm snookered on this, and will have to continue as is, but if you can think of a way that'll be much appreciated

cheers

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

Is the SSID required to be the same at each location? Like could you make it similar and do something like this?

Current SSID = Library

Location A

New SSID = Library-A

Location B

New SSID - Library-B

pjc
A model citizen

@SoCalRacer  That's the problem, it's the same named SSiD for all libraries, and of course we can only apply one schedule to each SSiD, hence why I have needed to create a network for each different library, and then use that same SSiD name but, as it's in a different network, I can create a different schedule.

Appreciate you taking time out to have a look at it

Cheers

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels