SSID to default

LS-MERAKI-CR
Here to help

SSID to default

Hello everybody!

Does anyone know if there is any quick way (into a "Network\Wireless\SSIDs\Configuration Overview") to return an SSID profile to its factory "Unconfigured" settings?

10 REPLIES 10
JohnUK
Here to help

no, but you could disable that SSID & recreate a new SSID which would be default settings

@LS-MERAKI-CR wrote:

Hello everybody!

Does anyone know if there is any quick way (into a "Network\Wireless\SSIDs\Configuration Overview") to return an SSID profile to its factory "Unconfigured" settings?

Yes, what a pity, that was what I was afraid of. Neither way, we will have to wait for a next console version that includes the "reset" button.

Thank you anyway!

delete it and recreate it
Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel

Is possible? Can I delete an specific SSID?

I do not think you can "delete" the SSID. You can disable it or rename it.

Yes, that was what I assumed, it is not possible to delete.

I need to reset all the values ​​of an SSID from a single command. No disable neither rename.

There's no one button/click to achieve resetting an SSID back to defaults. My recommendation would be to just disable the SSID and then create/enable a new SSID, this would effectively have the "default" settings already pre-populated. 

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

Thanks for your suggestion!!

MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

There is also a quick way to do this programmatically via the Dashboard API. 

Go to Help > API Docs in Dashboard and look at the SSIDs section and see the "Update the attributes of an SSID" section. 

Or in Python for example, you could update (or wipe) all 16 SSIDs in a few seconds by running a single for loop that might resemble something like this:

for x in range(0,15,1):

updatessid(apikey, networkid, x, name+str(x), enabled, authmode, encryptionmode, psk, suppressprint=False)

where x is your ssidnum.

If you've got Python installed do a "from meraki import meraki" and then "help (meraki.updatessid)" to get the syntax.

DarkStar
Getting noticed

I wrote this using the Meraki PowerShell Module. It doesn't reset them 100% but it is very close. 
Note: This will reset all SSIDs for the entire organization use with caution.

PowerShell Module 

# Reset All SSID to Unconfigured v1.9
Import-Module Meraki
$AuthToken = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
$OrganizationID = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

$SiteNames = Get-MerakiOrganizationDevices -AuthToken $AuthToken -OrganizationID $OrganizationID | Where-Object {$_.Model -like "*MX*"} | Select-Object Name,NetworkID
$SiteNumber = 0
ForEach ($NetworkID in $SiteNames.NetworkID) {
$SiteNumber = $SiteNumber + 1
Write-Host $SiteNames.Name[$SiteNumber]

ForEach($Count in 0..14){
$SSIDName = "Unconfigured SSID "+$Count
$SSIDConfig = [PSCustomObject]@{
	name=$SSIDName
	enabled="true"
	authMode="Open"
	ipAssignmentMode="NAT mode"
	mandatoryDhcpEnabled="False"
	splashPage="none"
	perClientBandwidthLimitUp="0" 
	perClientBandwidthLimitDown="0"
	perSsidBandwidthLimitUp="0" 
	perSsidBandwidthLimitDown="0"
}
$SSIDConfig = $SSIDConfig | ConvertTo-Json -Compress
Set-MerakiNetworkWirelessSSID -AuthToken $AuthToken -NetworkId $NetworkId -SSIDNumber $Count -SSIDConfig $SSIDConfig

$trafficShapingRules = [PSCustomObject]@{
	trafficShapingEnabled=$false
	defaultRulesEnabled=$false
}
$trafficShapingRules = $trafficShapingRules | ConvertTo-Json -Compress
Set-MerakiNetworkWirelessSsidTrafficShapingRules -AuthToken $AuthToken -NetworkId $NetworkId -SSIDNumber $Count -trafficShapingRules $trafficShapingRules

$L3FirewallRules = [PSCustomObject]@{
    allowLanAccess = "true"
}
$L3FirewallRules = $L3FirewallRules | ConvertTo-Json -Compress
Set-MerakiNetworkWirelessSSIDFirewallL3FirewallRules -AuthToken $AuthToken -NetworkId $NetworkId -SSIDNumber $Count -L3FirewallRule $L3FirewallRules
}

ForEach($Count in 0..14){
$SSIDName = "Unconfigured SSID "+$Count
$SSIDConfig = [PSCustomObject]@{
	enabled="false"
}
$SSIDConfig = $SSIDConfig | ConvertTo-Json -Compress
Set-MerakiNetworkWirelessSSID -AuthToken $AuthToken -NetworkId $NetworkId -SSIDNumber $Count -SSIDConfig $SSIDConfig
}

}

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels