SSID config for wireless payment devices

MOmarm
Conversationalist

SSID config for wireless payment devices

Hi,

Im working on researching the best config/best practice for creating an SID specifically for wireless payment devices. We want to keep the VLAN for these devices isolated from the rest of the network. So these questions are specifically for wireless payment devices Ingenico iSMP4 Companion

1- I want to use MAC based access control that uses RADIUS server. It says there is no encryption for this but im assuming that's just for the authentication part of not, not the actual traffic. Would this be the best option to use for payment devices? 

2- What's the difference between MAC based access control and the Enterprise option?
temps.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We use PSK with WPA2, I don't think the Mac based access control has encryption at all for association so MAC addresses can be sniffed and copied, so isn't suitable.  We keep them on a separate VLAN and then out to the acquirer.  They are Ingenico devices and this works well.  Make sure you have the latest devices as the previous gen couldn't roam due to a firmware bug.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

How many devices are you taking about and over how many stores? 

How many people will be setting them up? 

MOmarm
Conversationalist

We're looking at around 56 devices.
I will be configuring the network part of it and my coworker will be setting up the devices

MOmarm
Conversationalist

Hi. Sorry did you have a suggestion?

MOmarm
Conversationalist

Im assuming you use the Layer 3 roaming, do you have a separate VLAN for the payment devices or do you use your data VLAN?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We use bridge mode to a VLAN that only has the payment devices on.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels