SSID acting as different networks

BrettB
Conversationalist

SSID acting as different networks

Hi All,

Apologies in advance if I'm missing the obvious - working from home for the last 6 months with children has warped my natural way of thinking 😉

I run a meraki setup at home, for personal and work related education. I have an ISP Router (not in bridge, with DHCP enabled) and a MR36 (SSID in bridge-mode) broadcasting the same SSID, with the same WPA2 settings and subnet.

The ISP router is downstairs, the MR is upstairs. When I travel between floors, my device connects to the preferred AP, issues an IP from the 10.0.0.x range and everything works fine.

The problem I have is with my Google Chromecast/Speakers in my house; as these are statically placed, they do not roam between wireless SSIDs. If my smart device connects to the MR when upstairs, all devices are no longer visible in my google home network. While all details are the same, it's as if they're still being treated as different networks.

My current setup is as follows:

[ISP Router]-->[MX64]-->[MS120]-->[MR36]

Any thoughts?

CMNO | CMNA
4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

BrettB
Conversationalist

No - this is set to "Allow"

CMNO | CMNA
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

BrettB
Conversationalist

I have, yes. Not sure where this is going wrong, or if it can be fixed with my ISP router not being set to Bridge.

I can't do that because of the NBN network in Australia and our voice being delivered over SIP. The carrier does not share the credentials.

CMNO | CMNA
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels