SSID - Network or Organization Wide?

ARCO-Mike
Comes here often

SSID - Network or Organization Wide?

This is probably a simple question, but I'm having trouble coming up with the answer in a search. 

Are SSID tied to the Organization or the Network?

The reason I'm asking is all of my networks in my organization have the same two SSID's. They are all configured the same with the exception of 1 network which I discovered today. This last one I want to make the same as the rest (I think I'm answering my own question as I type this). I thought they were organization wide so I was just going to select the SSID to add it to the access point in the affected network to make it the same as the rest. 

Thank you!

2 Replies 2
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

SSID is tied to the network

However you can use templates to make it easier to manage if you want, but I personally like having each network 'independent' of each other for just in case scenarios. Plus the whole template concept for some reason legit confuses the crap out of me so I tend to stay clear of it out of fear.

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Templates_and_Config_Sync/Managing_Multiple...
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

Spectacular! Thank you Nolan!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels