Rouge SSIDs

JoRett
Here to help

Rouge SSIDs

Hi all!

I got some MR52s in a new site. The client connection will be actively disconnected frequently.

Looks like a neighbour had set my SSIDs as rogue and activated: Block clients from connecting to rogue SSIDs by default

Is there anything I can do?

4 REPLIES 4
cta102
Building a reputation

It would depend on where you are in the world.

Personally I would speak to him and ask why this was done and if he/she was unpleasant about it I would consider speaking to the appropriate regulatory authorities.

It's in France. One of the main reasons seems to be the extremely overcrowded number of WAPs/SSIDs.

About 700 other SSIDs...

Fore sure 2.4GHz is unusable...

111 2019-09-04_11-24-07.jpg

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

@JoRett wrote:

It's in France. One of the main reasons seems to be the extremely overcrowded number of WAPs/SSIDs.

About 700 other SSIDs...

Fore sure 2.4GHz is unusable...

111 2019-09-04_11-24-07.jpg

~700 other SSID??!?!?! O_o

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Is that an assumption or you confirmed with your neighbor that he is actively blocking your SSIDs? Pretty sure that isn't 'legal' but since it is France, I'm not certain.

If its being blocked it would be an immediate thing, like you would connect and within a second or two, disconnected, and repeating over and over.

If your connected for 15 minutes or a few hours and then it disconnects, it most likely isn't that.

For sure would want to talk to them to confirm you guys can work together, and I would make your SSID's 5GHz only if you can.

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels