Requesting Installation Pictures - Indoor Antennas

MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Requesting Installation Pictures - Indoor Antennas

Hey there, I wanted to collect some installation pictures of external antennas on MR42E or MR53E.  From a recent installation, I already have some "behind the scenes" pictures, like an MR53E with an ANT-3-E6 wide patch, in an auditorium.

It's not the prettiest picture, because it's behind the scenes, to show the AP and antenna physical mounting, pigtail cable connections to the AP, and safety cables.  What I've neglected to get from a few installations, and what I'm asking the Community for, is if you can share any pics of the aesthetically pleasing side.  Like from down in the seats of an auditorium or stadium or factory floor, a picture looking up (even if it's 30 or 40 feet up) showing what is visible from the user's point of view (which is basically just the nice smooth white side of the patch antenna). 

I would add any pics into my collection of anonymous mounting photos, to show BOTH behind the scenes and the user-facing side (to show it's not an eye sore).  Feel free to share here, or private message me a photo, don't need to post publicly here if you'd rather not. 

Thanks for sharing!

9 REPLIES 9
CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

I just might reward people who share a picture (either publicly or privately) with some Meraki sunglasses too 😄

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here

It´s an MR42E with Bendable Dipole (MA-ANT-3-B5) antennas at the ceiling behind a big TV-screen in a meeting-roomMR42E with Bendable Dipole (MA-ANT-3-B5)MR42E with Bendable Dipole (MA-ANT-3-B5)

MR42E with Bendable Dipole (MA-ANT-3-B5) in a provisionally warehouse store. Yes, very provisional, but it´s a Meraki advantage to build quick a network and to move it quick to another location.

IMG_0198.jpgIMG_0202.jpg

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

I have a customer atm installing ANT-27 and ANT-3-F5. Waiting for him to finish up the installation, and then I might have him take a couple of pictures.
LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
JOlsen
Conversationalist

Can anyone please come up with the best recommendation for antenna choice for a large car repair shop where there is more than 4-5 meters to the ceiling and many cars ( metal ) and large open areas.

We use MR33 MR42E and MR46E

If we need external antennas which one do we need (bendable) or fixed og maybe even patch ?
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@JOlsen I'd use a patch antenna with that ceiling height.

redsector
Head in the Cloud

Hey, take bendable antennas so you can fix them on a ceiling or on a wall. That‘s more flexible.

patch-antennas are useful to light out rackshelf ways or in big halls with a very high ceiling.

JOlsen
Conversationalist

What’s the biggest difference between simple dipole antennas and the bendable version. I don’t think they are any good too high up and right up and down. 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@JOlsen the bendable ones are usually twice as long so are more of the wavelength (i.e. 1/2 instead of 1/4)  This should give a bigger radius of coverage if everything else is equal.

On another note and on topic, here is a picture on an indoor external antenna...

cmr_0-1633115782527.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels