cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Sugestions

Here to help

Replacement Sugestions

We are going to be replacing out existing wireless infrastructure at one of out sites.  Currently this site has 6 Cisco AIR-Cap1532e 5 of them have 5ghz Directional antennas and there is one (on the main building) with dual omni antennas.

We are thinking about replacing them with MR74 and I am looking at the best suggestion for antenna choices or suggestions on different AP if need be.

Site1Wireless.png

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Here to help

Re: Replacement Sugestions

I also read that it is not a good idea to have just one antenna attached, do I need to order 2 sets of antennas for each AP or can I just add a cap to the unused antenna ports?  

Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

MR74 requires two antennas, one for 2.4GHz and one for 5GHz. Unless you buy a 3rd party antenna that is dual-band already with 4 connectors, then you don't have to worry about it. However support won't help you if you have issues unless you use a Meraki antenna.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Highlighted
Here to help

SO I should be good with 2 dual-Band Patch antennas for each AP then... like

https://meraki.cisco.com/products/wireless/antennas#dual-band-sector-antenna-14

or would it be better to order one 2.4 and on 5ghz for each AP?

Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

Either or should work, not sure which method would be cheaper. Are you using the patch antenna?
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

@romualdt  Quick question do you require 2.4Ghz or can you operate only using 5Ghz, this could save you some hassle. 

Meraki CMNO, Ruckus WISE, Sonicwall CSSA, Allied Telesis CASE & CAI
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.