Replacement Sugestions

romualdt
Here to help

Replacement Sugestions

We are going to be replacing out existing wireless infrastructure at one of out sites.  Currently this site has 6 Cisco AIR-Cap1532e 5 of them have 5ghz Directional antennas and there is one (on the main building) with dual omni antennas.

We are thinking about replacing them with MR74 and I am looking at the best suggestion for antenna choices or suggestions on different AP if need be.

Site1Wireless.png

5 REPLIES 5
romualdt
Here to help

I also read that it is not a good idea to have just one antenna attached, do I need to order 2 sets of antennas for each AP or can I just add a cap to the unused antenna ports?  

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

MR74 requires two antennas, one for 2.4GHz and one for 5GHz. Unless you buy a 3rd party antenna that is dual-band already with 4 connectors, then you don't have to worry about it. However support won't help you if you have issues unless you use a Meraki antenna.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

SO I should be good with 2 dual-Band Patch antennas for each AP then... like

https://meraki.cisco.com/products/wireless/antennas#dual-band-sector-antenna-14

or would it be better to order one 2.4 and on 5ghz for each AP?

Either or should work, not sure which method would be cheaper. Are you using the patch antenna?
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

@romualdt  Quick question do you require 2.4Ghz or can you operate only using 5Ghz, this could save you some hassle. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels