Renewal License Cisco Meraki Approach End of Support Date

Tri_Khaerudin
Comes here often

Renewal License Cisco Meraki Approach End of Support Date

Hi all,

Excuse me, i need your help, i have customer want renewal license cisco meraki mr below :

MR34 12 unit

The problem is the MR 34 have end of support in 31 Oct 2023.

and the customers want renewal license LIC-ENT-1YR in Feb 2023.

What is the license could still live till 2024 or until the End of Support Date in 31 Oct 2023?

Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

AP licenses aren't model specific. You can buy LIC-ENT-xYR with no problems and they'll work for any AP even end of support models.

Hi Mr @Ryan_Miles, i need your confirmation, that my customer want renewal MR 34 etc in Feb 2023 with buy LIC-ENT-1YR, so the expired license in Feb 2024, correct?, although the MR 34 end of support in 31 Oct 2023, correct?

I need your confirmation about it, thank youuu.

My post already confirms that

The license continues, but only the MR34 of support is finished.

Regard.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos.
If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
有用な回答だと思われる際にはkudoをクリックして頂けると幸いです。
回答があなたの問題を解決した場合、accept as solutionをクリックしてください。
Soichiro-Ono
Getting noticed

Hello.

It is LIC-ENT-1YR. It is necessary to be in a license application state that covers the period of using the device.

By the way, if you change to the successor model MR, you can continue to use it.

Meraki Licensing FAQs - Cisco Meraki

>you could purchase a new MR model to replace an older MR model (as part of an upgrade) without also buying a new license.

Regard,

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos.
If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
有用な回答だと思われる際にはkudoをクリックして頂けると幸いです。
回答があなたの問題を解決した場合、accept as solutionをクリックしてください。
Tri_Khaerudin
Comes here often

Excuse me Mr @Ryan_Miles, could you share about your posting link previously to me?, because i want to share to my customers, thank youuu.

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I think this explains the policy well and you could share with your customer. https://meraki.cisco.com/meraki-support/policies/#product-end-of-life-eol-policy

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels