Regarding Less Upload /download speed on MR70 via speedtest.net

ranjankumarsgh
Getting noticed

Regarding Less Upload /download speed on MR70 via speedtest.net

Hi,

I am using two products MR70 and MR46 for end users. Whenever I check internet speed via speedtest.net remaining connected on MR 46, I am getting Excellent upload/download speed(200 Mpbs plus on both).  

But When i connect over MR70 i get just 50 to 60 Mpbs Upload/download speed.

ISP is same and having sufficient Bandwidth and utilizes not more than 20 to 30 percent of total bandwidth.

I have tested internet link with various client but results always remain same.

I thought there might be some issue with Local LAN/cable where MR70 is connected so for further troubleshooting i just interchanged one of the MR46 with MR70 and connected with same Ethernet SW and same cable but there is no any improvement in speed . The internet speed always getting lower in respect of MR46.

Any further suggestion would be highly appreciated

6 REPLIES 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is the client connecting on the same band on both AP models?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

yes Same band 5Ghz

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know if I need to point this out - but the MR70 is a basic 2x2:2 AP, while the MR46 is a far more premium 4x4:4 AP.

I would expect the MR46 to perform better,

yes That is correct. Also the Power level is showing Low while checking in RF Spectrum. I have checked this for low power but as per TAC there is bug and no ETA is available. This can be one of the reason

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Maybe your wifi outdoor profile is set to 20Mhz channel or even 2.4ghz only? 

When connected to mr70 what channel and band is you client using

I used to connect on 5Ghz. Please refer radio setting on MR70

RADIO SETTINGS

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels