Realtek RTL8188ETV FAST at home... SLOWWW on MR18 at Work

SOLVED
ndccpf1
Here to help

Realtek RTL8188ETV FAST at home... SLOWWW on MR18 at Work

All the MR18, MS220 and MX80 at latest levels.

At home PC is fast on Realtek RTL8188ETV

Bring PC into work and SLOWW  and it it very near the MR66 AP.

Plugged the PC into MS220 Ethernet and PC is fast again.

Dashboard shows no errors

PC is NEW

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Realtek RTL8188ETV is a 2.4GHz only wireless chip

You are more than likely simply having a very common problem with 2.4GHz interference. There isn't really anything you can do except move to a chipset that gives you 5GHz support.

2.4GHz is very crowded spectrum with lots of noise, so much that when you want to do anything, it suffers.

Run a microwave while on a skype video call and you'll instantly see what I mean 😃

So your solution is to stay hardwire or upgrade to 5GHz chipset or USB dongle.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Realtek RTL8188ETV is a 2.4GHz only wireless chip

You are more than likely simply having a very common problem with 2.4GHz interference. There isn't really anything you can do except move to a chipset that gives you 5GHz support.

2.4GHz is very crowded spectrum with lots of noise, so much that when you want to do anything, it suffers.

Run a microwave while on a skype video call and you'll instantly see what I mean 😃

So your solution is to stay hardwire or upgrade to 5GHz chipset or USB dongle.
TwitterLinkedIn

Oh and at home your far less likely to have lots of interference with neighbor networks like you would in the office, where everyone is blasting on 2.4GHz

Which is why it works fine at home but not office

My offices have the same issue which is why its 5GHz only for my wireless networks ^_^
TwitterLinkedIn

The environment is an auto dealer mechanic shop so it is FULL of electromagnetic interference 👍

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels