Real Time user Monitoring

SOLVED
CaseyBrown
Here to help

Real Time user Monitoring

Good morning,

I hope everyone is doing well.  I have a noob question.  We have the MX400 and I was curious to see how to pinpoint who is the bandwidth hog in real time.  Example....I see that there are huge uploads going on through Appliance Setting/Uplink.  Other than looking at the clients (shortest time is 2 hours) and seeing how much they used, is there a way to see real time, currently who the user/device is?  

Thanks for any advice and help.

Best Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jollywombat
New here

To my knowledge, I dont believe so on the MX series.  If you have the Meraki Switch/AP product you can track it back to the client, but that might not help you in this case.

If you have netflow enabled you should be able to investigate the flow in almost real time however using your NetFlow Product of choice.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jollywombat
New here

To my knowledge, I dont believe so on the MX series.  If you have the Meraki Switch/AP product you can track it back to the client, but that might not help you in this case.

If you have netflow enabled you should be able to investigate the flow in almost real time however using your NetFlow Product of choice.

lpopejoy
A model citizen

I agree 100%.  This is one of the biggest weaknesses of the MX.  If they would fix this, I would love Meraki so much more!

@lpopejoy More than 4 years later and still maybe the biggest weakness.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels