REQ: Automatic client SSID usage report

dalmiroy2k
Getting noticed

REQ: Automatic client SSID usage report

Hi guys. Cyber-security staff requires a daily usage report, that includes clients that connected to WIFI networks, their BW usage and which SSID they used.
We are currently generating the report manually every day, using "Network-wide - clients" and downloading and manually editing de CSV file, importing it in excel and filtering the rows we need.

Cyber-security staff has asked us If Meraki can automate this task, maybe enabling some beta feature or via API. Or maybe enabling an extra option in Summary report (I could find it there, only top users usage, not all of them). Besides I would have to generate a single report for every SSID.

In conclusion, Is there any way we can have a daily automatic client SSID usage report, Just like the one you get exporting the CVS in clients view, delivered via email or any other way?

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Only your company could automate this task, as no one else knows what you want.  They can find information about the API and how to use it at the developer web site:

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/ 

AxL1971
Building a reputation

An API call can be used to generate this information

I have written a application using the API calls to get client connected to SSID, this data is written to a back end SQL database and then Power BI reports to display results. The reports are live so can go back in time to get a snapshot of how clients connected to a given network on a given AP and SSID

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels