Adzli
Conversationalist

RADIUS splash page

how can i authenticate using local radius? not using cloud radius

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The server must be accessible over the internet.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Configuring_RADIUS_Au...

Note: RADIUS access request messages for a splash page will be sourced from the dashboard, not from the local Meraki devices. As such, the RADIUS server's private LAN IP address cannot be specified here.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The server must be accessible over the internet.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Configuring_RADIUS_Au...

Note: RADIUS access request messages for a splash page will be sourced from the dashboard, not from the local Meraki devices. As such, the RADIUS server's private LAN IP address cannot be specified here.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

This is for captive portal authentication not 802.1X from a local or remote radius server.....

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Look at the topic "RADIUS splash page" = Captive portal. 😉

TBHPTL
A model citizen

Assume you dont mean  via a captive portal but just plain old 802.1X

Select authenticate via 3rd party RADIUS  and enter your creds alo helps to have your radius server return the filter-Id attribute that will designate a local group policy...

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's very easy to setup on the Meraki dashboard side, simply IP address and shared secret of your sever and you're good. Just make sure if you have a firewall between your access points and Radius server then you allow access. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels