Question related to Meraki Sector Antenna MA-ANT-27

RobustMeraki
Getting noticed

Question related to Meraki Sector Antenna MA-ANT-27

Please refer to this thread below. I posted my question there as well.

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Wireless-LAN/Correct-Antenna-for-Long-Distance/m-p/78325#M11925

@GIdenJoe , @MerakiDave 

I am in a similar situation where the customer wants to monitor his employee parkplace in open space with 4 Meraki 72 Outdoor cameras but does not have wifi in that area. For that Purpose I offered the customer an Access Point MR76 in the parkplace and a gateway for wifi. The cameras will also be uploading video data via cloud archive.

The problem is that the customer due to some reason does not want wifi via LTE in their company, so they want a solution that they can extend their office internet to the parkplace location. In this situation I am thinking to offer them one more MR76 that will be installed on the building with sector antenna pointing to the pole in parkplace area where another MR76 is installed.

My question is how long is the range of the sector antenna in meters that it can support extending a strong signal to another access point which is wirelessly supporting 4 Meraki cameras that are also uploading video to the cloud archive.

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

https://meraki.cisco.com/lib/pdf/meraki_datasheet_antenna_dual_band_sector__9dBi_12dBi.pdf

I think you can use the same formula:

alemabrahao_0-1666276436301.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Bear in mind you still need POE for the cameras. I haven't used MV cameras over wifi myself so no idea how reliable the connection will be, hopefully others can comment on this. 

Yup PoE injectors I have offered them on the cameras

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels