Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on MA-ANT-27 and MR74

Highlighted
Conversationalist

Question on MA-ANT-27 and MR74

Hi All,

My question is, since the MA-ANT-27 is a dual band antenna would it theoretically be possible to connected one antenna to the two vertical ports on the MR74 (2.4G and 5G) and a second antenna to the two horizontal ports (2.4G and 5G). If possible is there any downside to this approach?

Cheers.

3 REPLIES 3
Kind of a big deal

Re: Question on MA-ANT-27 and MR74

I'm not 100% sure - but I think the approach you have outlined is correct.  That should be fine.

Conversationalist

Cheers Philip. Thanks.

Meraki Employee

I stumbled on this post, looking for something else...

Keen to understand how you got on:

A)  Because I wasn't sure what you meant by horizontal and vertical ports  (MR74 has a pair of antenna ports on the top (one radio) and a pair on the bottom (other radio).

B)  It sounded like what you might be doing was the opposite of ideal...   If you have an antenna, such as an MA-ANT-25, then its two pigtails should be connected to the same radio (both plugged into the same side of the MR74).   A second one would plug into the two ports on the opposite side of the AP.   If this is what you've done and I've misinterpreted, my apologies...

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.