Question about Warranty when one uses third party Power cables for Meraki Access Points MR76

RobustMeraki
Getting noticed

Question about Warranty when one uses third party Power cables for Meraki Access Points MR76

Hi Team,

I would like to know if warranty is covered when a customer uses third party power Injector cables for MR76 and MG21E?

2 REPLIES 2
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@RobustMeraki the MR76 is 802.3af compatible which means you can use any POE injector that is 802.3af compatible.

I believe the MG21e supports both 802.3af POE and DC power input. Once again using any compatible 802.3af POE injector is fine but I would avoid using 3rd party DC power packs, some cheap DC power packs are not true to their advertised voltage or amperage. 

Hi @BlakeRichardson , Thank you for the input. I do not know which quality cables the customer is using. But they wanted from the beginning to use their own Cables. Wanted to know here if warranty will be covered if problem lies on the Meraki device itself.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels