Problem with type='NO DHCP response' associated='true' radio='0' vap='2'

timstock
Comes here often

Problem with type='NO DHCP response' associated='true' radio='0' vap='2'

Hey guys,  thanks for your time.  

My Infra: 

1xMX 15.26  as firewall which make the DHCP for everything. LeaseTime: 1day

1xMS 12.9  Switch which bound a VLAN id to a port where an AP MR26.7 is connect and present 1 SSID which has the vlan tagging for the port. aka: "AP"

1xMS 12.9 as a "Repeater" (not wired connected) aka the problem device!

SSID run in bridge mode, WPA2-PSK, Dual Band operation

i currently have the issue that all clients that are connected to a meraki "repeater" loss their connection a few times a day and try to reconnect but didnt get an ip Address.  Sometimes they get an ip after some seconds and sometimes i need to reboot the device/networkcard.

In the Dashboard i see a lot of Failures Connection with the problem type='NO DHCP response' associated='true' radio='0' vap='2'

if i move the devices inside of the range for the AP they didnt had any problem and runs like normal. if i move them back, the problem come back. 

The problem show me really hard because i lost every Videostream like Telkos, NetTV oder youtube for example.

This is really frustrating because i have the issue now for 3 weeks and support just told me to call them then the issue is there but everytime they logged, they only see a running device 🙂 Like always 😄 Show-effect 

The problem device are: Iphone, Ipad, Android Device, Android TV, Windows Laptop. (max 30 devices so no dhcp range problem i think) 

Maybe you have an idee how to troubleshoot and solve this. 

thanks 🙂 

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What changed 3 weeks ago (check Organisation/Change log if needed)?

The Change was that i Made Homeoffice and Just See the Problems Then.  So it could bei possible that the Errors are there for longer time. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels