Post URL - Did not match validator:

Solved
laurentiun
New here

Post URL - Did not match validator:

Hello,

I'm trying to integrate Home Assistant with Meraki. The requirement is to activate Analytics, Scanning API and Post URLs. I really don't understand how to configure the URL. Which host name should I use?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

This says you have to deploy the software into a Raspbery Pi.  You then need to get a domain name, point it at your Internet router, and have it NAT that through to your Raspberry Pi.

If you have a Meraki MX then you could use it's dynamic DNS entry for your domain name.

Once you have that domain name you can form your post URL.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You have to configure a URL for the system to use for the Meraki scanning API to call your system.  Because it is your system, you have to supply the URL to reach your system.  I'm not familiar with "Home Assistant" but if it supports Meraki perhaps that have some guides.

There is an overview here:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Scanning_API

My system means Meraki device? This device is accessible from outside my network. I tried to use the Meraki "Site-name", but I cannot validate the URL. "Did not match validator: xxx site name

the requirement is:

1. Click Add a Post URL:
  2. Set the Post URL to https: //YOUR_HOSTNAME/api/meraki?
  3. api_password=YOUR_HASS_PASSWORD

Could you post a link to a web page about this Home Assistant product and its requirement to use the Meraki scanning API please.

This says you have to deploy the software into a Raspbery Pi.  You then need to get a domain name, point it at your Internet router, and have it NAT that through to your Raspberry Pi.

If you have a Meraki MX then you could use it's dynamic DNS entry for your domain name.

Once you have that domain name you can form your post URL.

If you don't have an MX you could also use a Dyanmic DNS provider to get a domain name.

I have a MR33 device

Is there an API to enable/update Analytics, Scanning API and POST URL of multiple networks within an organization?

Gus2
New here

Of note, documentation at Home Assistant not clear in stating that you have to copy your validator key from Meraki Dashboard and add it with the other information shown to the configuartion.yaml on the HA documentation page Home Assistant Meraki 

Create a random secret letters and number and copy that 'secret' back to secret in the post Url on the Meraki dashboard.

as for the URL it has to be you External Home Assistant URL whether duckdns or whatever method you use with added /api/meraki at the end. You may have to add the :8123 port depending on your setup.

Click Validate in your Meraki Dashboard and all should work...

Remember to restart HA after updating your configuartion.yaml

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels