Physical switch configuration for Meraki AP

Umoru
Conversationalist

Physical switch configuration for Meraki AP

Dears ,

How do i configure my physical switch that the mr33 AP will be connected to WAN ?do i need to setup a new vlan on my physical switch for the MR33 or just connect it to a switch access port or trunk port .

Please help as am new to meraki deployment ...if i can get a full documentation steps for the inplementation i will be glad..

thank you all.

4 Replies 4
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal
Umoru
Conversationalist

Hello kyutobi ,

Thanks for your response ..Should i make the port on my 2960 access switch a trunk port or access port where the meraki AP will be connected .should i create a separate Vlan for the  9 meraki AP i want to deploy ..

Thanks in anticipation .

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

In most deployments trunk makes most sense. Imagine you need clients to be bridged to multiple VLANs (f.e. by having multiple SSIDs dropping them on different VLANs or by having RADIUS return a VLAN ID or even by linking VLANs to AP tags) in that case you need a trunk. If you're using a flat network configuring it as an access port will probably work too.

More info here:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Client_Addressing_and_Bridging/VLAN_Tagging_on_MR_Access_Points

Hello BrechtSchamp ,

thank you .

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels