Persistent splash

EClap5
Getting noticed

Persistent splash

Occasionally when I see a user have multiple successful login attempts all at the same time, I see on the client device page that they have a persistent splash.  This morning one user has 30+ logins. To my knowledge, this usually doesn't present an issue for the user.  Well, or it does but they do not want to take the time to create a troubles ticket. 

What exactly is the different between the regular sign-on splash and the persistent splash?

4 Replies 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've never heard of a "persistent" splash page option.  How is this configured?

I don't believe it's something that's configured.  Looking through user login attempts, some users (on the same SSID) have 'persistent splash' and some have 'user splash'.  I opened a case back in '14 about a user who was having an issue staying on the network and she also had the persistent splash.  Her issue resolved itself but the Support person never said anything about the difference between the 2 splashes. 

Could it be possible the user has disabled cookies on their browser? I have seen the symptoms you described with other wireless vendors and it turn out to be cookies was disabled.

I disabled cookies in Safari on my iPad and could not even connect to an SSID.  I've not had any users in a very long time reach out about their connectivity so I assume it's not any kind of issue.  I've seen many many logins from one user and they ended up being stuck in a splash page loop but do not recall if they showed a persistent splash or not.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels