Packet Capture causes all clients to disconnect from AP

SOLVED
watdee
Getting noticed

Packet Capture causes all clients to disconnect from AP

When ever I do a packet capture on an Access Point Wireless interface, all clients are disconnected from the AP which is an MR45 running firmware 26.4. Anyone know why that would happen?  I'm trying to diagnose abnormal traffic coming from a specific host. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

The 3rd radio is the one that should be used for packet captures like that.

I would open a case with support as this seems like a bug, with the MR45/55 being new models on beta code, also try 26.5 to see if that helps.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

The 3rd radio is the one that should be used for packet captures like that.

I would open a case with support as this seems like a bug, with the MR45/55 being new models on beta code, also try 26.5 to see if that helps.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

It seems like 26.5 may have resolved the issue.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Did you manage to raise a case with support?  What kind of packet capture are you running, I.e “whole ball of wax”?  Shouldn’t affect your connected devices though running a capture, does sound a bit buggy

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Clicked on a wireless client, then packet capture.  Accepted the defaults and hit start capture.  Only Switch ports seem to have the "Whole ball of Wax" option.  Haven't started a ticket yet.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels