Nothing being pushed from scanning API v3

SENSEi-James
Comes here often

Nothing being pushed from scanning API v3

Hi,

One month ago I developed a service to receive data pushed from the scanning API v3.  This was working fine and plenty of data was coming in.

The APs were boxed up and shipped to a customer.  They were installed and turned on yesterday.  Nothing is being pushed from the scanning API v3.  If I change it to v2, loads of 'DevicesSeen' data gets pushed to me, but that's not what I've developed my service to work with.

Is there a problem with the scanning API v3 at the moment, or am I missing something obvious?

Many thanks 🙂
James

6 REPLIES 6
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

What firmware version are the APs running now?

SENSEi-James
Comes here often

Firmware version info shows:

Up to date
Current version: MR 28.5
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

v3 requires client to be seen by at least APs. How many APs are deployed? If at least 3 and you're seeing no data I'd recommend opening a Support case.

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Also, if you want to DM a serial of one of the APs I can check if any API POSTs are coming that the AP/network.

SENSEi-James
Comes here often

One month ago, I was running with ONE AP and collecting lots of information (but no trilaterated locations) with ONE AP

According to your own documentation, I should still be receiving some data:

- START QUOTE-

What will happen if I enable V3, but some physical locations don’t have at least three compatible APs?

In scenarios where the Scanning API V3 does not have at least 3 data points, no location information will be generated in the API output for a given wireless client. The API will provide the nearest AP MAC address based on the RSSI in the output. This can be used to get a rough estimate of the location of the wireless client device on the floor plan, but it is recommended to deploy at least three APs at any physical location that is upgrading to Scanning API V3

-END QUOTE-

SENSEi-James
Comes here often

Sorry, didn't answer your question about how many APs.  There are 8.

I have opened a support case.

I have DM'd a serial number

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels