If i check in switch DHCP IP os mapping to MEraki AP MAC address

Please help

3 Replies 3
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Naresh_Bhardwaj 

Take a read through the below document

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Static_IP_Assignment_on_a_Cisco_Meraki_...

Below snippet is taken from it

"If the AP is not able to reach the configured default gateway on this static assignment, it will fail back to DHCP. Please inspect the static configuration and the VLAN configuration being used on the network if this happens".

Have you tagged the correct vlan on the uplink from the switch to the AP

Note: If a VLAN is specified in the static IP configuration, management traffic from the AP will be sent out with an 802.1q tag for that VLAN. In this case it is expected that return Management traffic should also be tagged appropriately.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

@Naresh_Bhardwaj  I've got this same issue, have triple checked all of my settings and even got someone else to take a look and they couldn't work it out. I gave up in the end and statically assigned it on the DHCP server.

Many people ask me why I want them with static IP and thats because we run mutiple pieces of network monitoring software so using DHCP wouldn't work.

Keep in mind, a Meraki AP that is a mesh repeater must be DHCP addressed

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels