Noob Question: After installing AP18/26 unable to access Router Address

stereophile33
Conversationalist

Noob Question: After installing AP18/26 unable to access Router Address

Recently decided to bring some leftover gear from work home and got the SSID setup to a centurylink router.  When connected to the Meraki SSID I am unable to connect to the centurylink router, unable to see wifi printers, and unable to get airplay/chromecast to all work.

I assume these items are related.

Otherwise network operates as it should.

Can someone point me in a direction?

8 REPLIES 8
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Put your ssid into bridge mode.  Also  make sure  your firewall  settings  on the AP are not blocking traffic 

stereophile33
Conversationalist

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 10.08.37 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-09 at 10.08.22 AM.png

Jwiley78
Building a reputation

Any other ACLs or anything that might be causing issues.

stereophile33
Conversationalist

based on the pictures I think it is setup properly.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Looks Good. Does your client get the same ip and ip gateway  on both ssids?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It looks correct.  Are you running a current stable firmware image?

MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @stereophile33 just a couple quick thoughts, I assume you're probably running firmware 26.1.1.  Since it's an older MR18 and MR26, perhaps try toggling off 802.11r and re-test in case there's any issues with the fast secure roaming setting.  Also, how do you have your DHCP set up?  Do you want/need the AP to provide DHCP, or since you brought these home from work as leftover gear, perhaps they are still set up for "Mandatory DHCP" and you're running in Bridge mode, but now at home and you don't have a dedicated DHCP server on the home LAN?  As a quick test, perhaps toggle your SSID over to NAT mode and see if everything starts working.  But first, before even trying NAT mode, try leaving it in bridge mode and disable mandatory DHCP, if it's enabled.  Let me know your thoughts.

Oh and one other quick thought - should have asked this first, what is Wireless Health showing you?  If you look over the past day or so, are there any problematic connection steps in the drop-down graph on the "Connections" tab?  Like if it's a PSK SSID, confirm the clients aren't all failing because of the wrong PSK. Also, if you're running in bridge mode, have you tried with and without VLAN tagging enabled?  Anything showing up in the AP event log?  And if you can go into one of the AP's status page, on the "Summary" tab, are there any actively associated clients showing up in the "Current Clients" table? If so, are they pingable?  

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels