Non-TCP Web Traffic

SOLVED
JohnUK
Here to help

Non-TCP Web Traffic

Hi

I have one of our clients using the wireless network with a high consumption of data.  It has categorised this as Non-TCP Web Traffic, is there anyway I can find out what this is?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

have you considered asking them what they are doing?

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If hostname visibility is enabled then you can usually figure it out based on where the traffic is going to.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Hostname_Visibility

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  I have enabled this & it looks like they are using some proxy server to access various.  Can I just block non-tcp web traffic?

ports.PNG

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can make a group policy with some L3/L7 firewall rules & shaping and attach it to the specific client.

JohnUK
Here to help

I have created policy for this person & attached the below firewall rule to allow ports 80 & 443 only.  Will this work?

Snip20180226_5.png

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

a deny any would be your last rule not the first.

port 443 also would be on tcp.

JohnUK
Here to help

Thank you, so the below is correct - Just got to bare with me, new to creating rules

Snip20180226_6.png

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

adding a deny any is very restictive since the client probably also need to reach services like dns dhcp ntp

JohnUK
Here to help

The issue I have is that I have blocked all P2P & they seem to be using different ports to get to WEB, I presume to stream some video via a proxy connection.

have you considered asking them what they are doing?

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel

LOL! im sure they'll come back with "oh, nothing it must be something in my computer"

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels