No splash page appears on devices

dgriffiths
New here

No splash page appears on devices

We have set our guest WiFi SSID to have a click through splash page. However, when devices connect, they go straight on to the Internet and no splash page is shown. Looking on the Merak dashboard it shows the devices as "Not authenticated" however it works fine. We have another site which works fine and have compared the settings, and they look identical. 

Any ideas?

12 Replies 12
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Check this config:

alemabrahao_0-1668170248464.png

The Captive portal strength should be set to Block all access until sign-on is complete.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

It's set to Block all access until sign on is complete:

dgriffiths_0-1668170415600.png

What authentication base are you using? Can you share an example? Does this happen to all customers? What operating system? Do you have any walled gardens set up?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

By the way, what version are you running?

We have MR33 and MR42 accesspoint running 29.4.1

Version 29.4.1 is not stable, try version 28.7.1.

It is a Stable Release Candidate and as such fully supported by Meraki: 

dgriffiths_0-1668171777492.png

But, It's not stable yet. Try version 28.7.1. 😉

Happens to all customers, have tested Apple and Android devices. We have enabled Walled Garden, but only added internal IP. 

dgriffiths_0-1668170910558.png

AlG
New here

I also have same problem with my M250 appliance no Access Control and Splash page after the previous update.

Meraki Current version: MX 17.10

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Try downgrading It to version 16.16.6

MBWSH
New here

Are these mobile devices with cellular connections?   Try turning airplane mode on and then turning just WiFi back on to verify they aren't using their data connection.  Both Apple and Android devices have settings to failover when their WiFi connection is poor.  

Or you can try testing with a device that doesn't have any other internet connection.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels