No reply Meraki emails to texts or other app?

RumorConsumer
Head in the Cloud

No reply Meraki emails to texts or other app?

Not sure where to post this but I was wondering if anybody had any clever ideas on how to get the Meraki notifications out of your email and into some other app or even SMS. Any ideas appreciated except use the Meraki iOS app which is in serious need of attention. @CarolineS any idea on if that app might get any attention any time soon?

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.
Fortune 100 Tech veteran/refugee.
5 REPLIES 5
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@RumorConsumer there are a number of email to SMS gateways out there, one such is https://www.textmagic.com/email-to-sms/ where it looks like you simply email number@textmagic.com and the body is sent to the number as a text.

I haven't used this one but did use something similar in the past and they generally work quite well.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@RumorConsumer The app is being worked on and has come along way, a new version is currently in beta.

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Meraki_Mobile_App_Be...

Oh wow. Ok I’m on it.

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.
Fortune 100 Tech veteran/refugee.
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@RumorConsumer maybe I misunderstood, but if you simply want to get SMS messages for any/all of your Dashboard alerts, you can simply send them via email to the appropriate carrier's email to convert to a text message.  I haven't tested all of these, I've used it with Verizon and AT&T, but this is the list I have.  Simply include these as an additional (or default) recipient along with any other email addresses. 

Alltel: phonenumber@message.alltel.com 
AT&T: phonenumber@txt.att.net 

Nextel: phonenumber@messaging.nextel.com 
Sprint: phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com 

T-Mobile: phonenumber@tmomail.net 

US Cellular: phonenumber@mms.uscc.net

Verizon: phonenumber@vtext.com 

Virgin Mobile: phonenumber@vmobl.com 

ptamburrino
Here to help

Great question, and would also be cool to know if they can get integrated with a support system for IT folks.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels