New to Meraki

SOLVED
maconte34
New here

New to Meraki

Trying to wrap my head around the setup we have at a company I just started working for.  We have about 90 access points in a warehouse.  I've noticed that some mr74 are mounted to plywood with antennas installed and others are on the ceiling on plywood with a mr74(no antennas) and looks to be plugged into a mr33.  Just wanted to know what the different setups are for?  Any help appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

4-11 is plugged into an external antenna. Good to see the labelling is nice and clear, makes torubleshooting that little bit easier!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @maconte34 welcome to the Meraki forum, the friendliest and most helpful forum I have had the luck to find. 

I think the units that look like MR33s might be the MR74 patch or sector antennas.  Have a look here and let us know if any of those look like what you have: https://meraki.cisco.com/product-category/wi-fi/wireless-accessories/wireless-accessories-antennas/

Cheers,

Charles

maconte34_0-1601488962186.png

maconte34_1-1601489015654.png

Here is a pic of the ones im talking about we have this all through the building then the other as well

4-11 is plugged into an external antenna. Good to see the labelling is nice and clear, makes torubleshooting that little bit easier!

Wonder where the mr33's are?  The 2 pictured is all i have in the warehouse.  Management shows i have 45 mr33 and 45 mr74's 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Can you see any clients connected to any of the MR33s, another place to look is Mesh neighbours, it will show what other APs each MR33 can see.

Are the APs not placed on the map, or a floor plan?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels