New to MR Access Points? Start here!

Phi-L
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

New to MR Access Points? Start here!

Howdy! Are you brand new to the world of Meraki's wireless access points? If so, we've got some great introductory resources to help you use the MR product line effectively!

Getting Started

MR Quick Start -- An introduction on how to use our wireless access points effectively

Wireless Performance and Coverage -- Wireless environments are complex. Learn about how to maximize wireless performance here

Site Surveys -- A proper wireless site survey will optimize your wireless environment at the start of a deployment

MR Fundamental Implementation -- An on-demand, self-paced course where you'll learn how to deploy and maintain Cisco Meraki wireless access point deployments.

MR Basic Features

Wireless Clients

Client IP Addressing -- MR access points have options for how to deliver IP addresses to wireless clients

Meraki Authentication -- Take advantage of Meraki's cloud-hosted authentication to simplify network security

Splash Page -- Wireless clients can be directed to a simple, easy to configure splash page before joining a network

Simplified Administration

RF Profiles -- Assign common RF profiles across multiple access points for consistency among configurations

Auto RF -- Auto RF automatically adjusts transmission power and channel assignment based on current conditions

Guest Networks  -- Meraki makes configuration of guest networks simple to create and administer

Deployment Guides

High-Density Wireless Deployments  -- Learn how high-density environments need special wireless considerations

Mesh Deployment Guide -- Meshing radios on MR access points keep wireless clients connected if a wired link is lost

Cross-Platform Integration

Systems Manager Sentry Enrollment -- Meraki Systems Manager can automatically onboard wireless clients

Meraki Trusted Access -- Agent-less onboarding between Meraki APs, Systems Manager, and wireless endpoints

Please note, this is not an exhaustive list of all MR documentation or features. More advanced documentation beyond the basic features can be found at documentation.meraki.com!

If you're interested in learning about Meraki's training offerings, be sure to check out The Meraki Learning Hub! There you'll find tons of great information about Meraki led training like CMNA and ECMS.

4 Replies 4
icecold
New here

Hi,

I have a Z3 at home which connects via my home broadband to get corporate network in my house. I need to expand the wireless connection to an outbuilding. Is it possible to connect an MR33 to the Z3 PoE port and use that AP in bridge mode?

thanks,

icecold

Phi-L
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @icecold ! You sure can -- the Z3 series has one ethernet port dedicated to PoE (identified with a lightning bolt), so you can simply plug your MR33 into the Z3's port to power it on. From there, you can configure your MR33 in bridge mode to let DHCP traffic pass through to your Z3. You can configure bridge mode on your AP on the Access Control page, and configure DHCP on your Z3 on its Routing & DHCP page. 

The documentation for the Z3 and MR33 are excellent references for getting started. Good luck, and happy networking!

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@icecold though you'll find that they are two different wireless networks, even if you copy the settings.  The MX and Z3 wireless are separate from other Meraki wireless networks

van604
Getting noticed

does roaming work when you do it this way, i kinda think no. but don't have a z3 but i know a mx68w and mx roaming does not work

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels