New stable release candidate firmware 27.6: PSK connection reporting bug fixed and many others

SOLVED
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

New stable release candidate firmware 27.6: PSK connection reporting bug fixed and many others

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JohnD
Getting noticed

Great release overall! Indeed it seems like the failed connection false positives are gone.

On the bright side, with Wave2 and newer clients, I'm seeing around a 10-15% throughput boost. I saw over 800mbps on a wifi 6 client for the first time!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JohnD
Getting noticed

Great release overall! Indeed it seems like the failed connection false positives are gone.

On the bright side, with Wave2 and newer clients, I'm seeing around a 10-15% throughput boost. I saw over 800mbps on a wifi 6 client for the first time!

dfurasek
Here to help

It seems like Meraki is really anxious to get this update out the door. Unless I missed it (entirely possible), I think they skipped public beta and went straight to RC for this one. Also, they've already auto-scheduled it twice for us, even before moving it into the stable release bucket, and since I don't recall that ever happening before, I've cancelled it both times. Of course, RC is better than beta, but stable is better than RC, as we were bitten once in the past by a premature RC update. In any case, I'm running it on just one of our networks, with no problems seen so far, but I'm a little leery about pushing it out to the others before it's finally declared stable, especially if they did indeed skip the beta stage. The release notes do mention two jQuery related CVEs that are classified as "medium" severity, but that doesn't seem to be enough to warrant this level of urgency. Anyone have any commentary on what I might be missing in all of this?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@dfurasek with Meraki beta and RC are not the same as usual.  New major versions go to beta, new minor versions go to RC. 

As this is a new minor version it is therefore an RC release, as it fixes CVEs, WiFi6 AP performance issues with WiFi5 devices and the WPA Auth errors it went straight to being recommended.  Once more than a certain percentage of networks are using it, it will become release.

You'll see the same for switches with 12.28 being release, 12.33 being RC and 14.12 being beta.

MXs have 14.53 as release and 15.42 as beta with no RC.

We are using 27.6 on all our networks and it has been much better than 27.5.1 so far.

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

I'm hopeful for 27.6 as well

I'll be using it at a brand new site that auto-loaded 27.5.1

If anyone remembers, even stable versions of code got pushed out that were horrible, like 25.14 if anyone remembers, and it took a good amount of complaining for Meraki to revoke it. My issue with that was they never let the customers who did upgrade know they should downgrade back to 25.13

Not a perfect world but still, communication is so easy to do.

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

I still had an issues WiFi 

Performance hop from 2 to 3 dots on my iOS and Mac devices on one of my AP. 

Also roaming between 2 AP working not as expected. I use 802.11r adaptive since most of my devices came from Apple. I disable client balancing and relay on 802.11r and 802.11v but I don’t see 802.11k.

I use wpa2 enterprise network with Cisco Cloud authentication and since half year I see lots of disconnections. Only option is to disable and enable WiFi on clients. 
unfortunately Meraki support still can’t resolve this  issue.

My devices are 2 MR33, mx67 an ms 220 8 port

when I using Ruckus or Extreme Network AP I don’t see this kind of problems 

PS. Why Meraki Cloud don’t support WPA3 Enterprise?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels