New MR27.7 and MR26.8.2 Release Candidate firmware, multiple bug and security fixes

SOLVED
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

New MR27.7 and MR26.8.2 Release Candidate firmware, multiple bug and security fixes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jrhop
Getting noticed

Thanks @WB, I have deployed to ~100 APs now and no issues reported.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
JohnD
Getting noticed

Looks great! So it’s the FragAttacks fixes plus the other bugfixes mentioned in 28.1, without being on a beta.

jrhop
Getting noticed

Anyone applied this yet? Looks to fix some pretty serious vulnerabilities!

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Interesting: I'm completely unable to find anything newer than 28.1

Under stable RC for me

jrhop_0-1623228719883.png

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've been applying 28.1, but WiFi5 wave1 APs only update to 26.8.1 for that version, even thought both 28.1 and 27.7 include the security updates...

WB
Building a reputation

I've got it applied on my MR33 home setup with no problems experienced but that's a very small sample size!

Got a bunch of MR45 & 46's I'll be throwing this out to in a few weeks time

jrhop
Getting noticed

Thanks @WB, I have deployed to ~100 APs now and no issues reported.

JohnD
Getting noticed

• Wi-Fi 6 MRs might exhibit unexpected reboots (Wi-Fi 6 MRs)
FYI there is a 27.7.1 now, fixing the above issue. I hit this pretty badly on my MR46 and MR56, where once or twice a day, both would reboot at the exact same time.
WB
Building a reputation

Ye I went to push this to some MR46s this time last week, luckily decided to do a once over of the release notes and saw the emergency notice about the reboots so bailed out!

Glad a fix got pushed out relatively quickly but a bit disappointed something like that wouldn't be caught in QA to be honest given it's the release candidate not beta

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Known Issues

• MR reboots every 15-20 minutes when connection to Meraki Dashboard is unavailable (Wi-Fi 6 MRs)

Yikes

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels