New MR 29.5 Stable Release Candidate - fixes a few AP panics and other bugs

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

New MR 29.5 Stable Release Candidate - fixes a few AP panics and other bugs

Wireless firmware versions MR 29.5 changelog

Important note

• Meraki APs use UDP port 7351 for cloud communication and TCP ports 80 and 443 for backup communications when running MR 27 and older firmware. When running MR 28+ firmware, Meraki APs will now use TCP port 443 as the primary means for cloud connectivity. In order to maintain connectivity to the Meraki cloud on MR 28+ ensure that TCP port 443 is allowed to communicate with 209.206.48.0/20 on firewalls that are deployed upstream of your Meraki APs. (Wi-Fi 6 and Wi-Fi 6E APs)

Legacy product notice

• When configured for this version, MR12, MR16, MR18, MR24, MR26, MR32, MR34, MR62, MR66, and MR72 will run MR 26.8.3.

Bug fixes

• General stability and performance improvements

Known issues

• Sporadic packet loss & instability on Layer 3 roaming & Teleworker VPN SSID's (Wi-Fi 5 Wave 2 and Wi-Fi 6 APs)
12 REPLIES 12
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We don't know for sure what was fixed between 29.4.1 and 29.5 right ?

I know you had 29.5 in private beta , but I'm curious

pjc
A model citizen

I'd like to know too, just about to roll out upgrade to 29.4.1 in the next few days...do I hold off until 29.5 goes production...what am I missing out on?

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm the exact situation. We have passed QA with 29.4.1. Redoing everything with 29.5 but have no idea what changed.

WB
Building a reputation

Hey @RaphaelL just seeing if you rolled out 29.5 in the end, no problems?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We have rolled it out to most sites (100+ APs) and have had no issues so far.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Actually no. We are stuck with a nasty issue with 29.5 and still troubleshooting with the support. 

Might be a isolated case , we don't know for sure yet.

WB
Building a reputation

Ooh interesting, I was expecting a reply saying all is working haha!

What type of issue & APs have you got if you don't mind me asking?

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I wished haha !

MR33 / MR36 , random packetloss for 15-25 seconds and immediately with 802.1X auth errors on the dashboard. 

I highly suggest you to test it. My issues might be isolated.

WB
Building a reputation

No problem, certainly will be testing it!

TBHPTL
A model citizen

I am growing tired of firmware with inadequate, generic, vanilla release notes.... 

"BUG FIXES

• General stability and performance improvements"

The above is something that should never grace the release notes. Meraki is supposed to be making our work life balance easier, not harder. Help us all gain the promised balance and put in the effort to inform us of the "undocumented features" and oversights that have been corrected with DETAILS. These notes are where you should be bragging to us what has been discovered, reported and/or  corrected. Firmware release notes is not the place for brevity and canned responses.

Exactly. 

KrisM
Conversationalist

Absolutely agree. Why they can't use the Cisco bug system and do the job properly I don't know. Getting increasingly frustrated with Meraki.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels