New AP is up, but dashboard see them as down

SOLVED
TimK
Conversationalist

New AP is up, but dashboard see them as down

Added licence to a few AP's that was missed during a delivery, and added them to inventory. 

I can see them in topology. 

I can ping them both from the dashboard and from the the router which has the dhcp-server. 

But the dashboard see them as down. 

I've had a person on the site who on at least one of the new AP's (that shows as down) shows SSID "Bad gateway" and "Meraki Setup" - and at least one of the new AP's (that shows as down) doesn't send any fault-SSID at all. 

It isn't a bad gateway as all other AP's and clients on that net works, and receive the same gateway. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TimK
Conversationalist

Rebooted everyting in the net, APs, switches, router. That helped. I guess some caching issue somewhere, and not sure exactly where in the net the issue where. But it helped. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

dont know from this info. but did you try factory reset the ap?

Adam
Kind of a big deal

Are you setting them as static IP?  If so double check the inputted information.  I've sworn they were the same only to find out I put the gateway and subnet in the wrong fields or transcribed a number wrong.  Always best to start with the basics and work up from there.  Then double check port config is the same etc. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Fady
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @TimK

I would recommend to connect to the local status page of the access point via the BSSID --> meraki-"mac address of AP" and check the configuration on the access point itself.

Please check this document for more details about how to access the local status page using the mac address of the access point (no password required).

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Using_the_Cisco_M...

TimK
Conversationalist

Rebooted everyting in the net, APs, switches, router. That helped. I guess some caching issue somewhere, and not sure exactly where in the net the issue where. But it helped. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels