Network wide Client count by band

chiggin1
Comes here often

Network wide Client count by band

Is there an easy way (or any way) to get a client count by which band they use; ie 2.4 or 5?

3 Replies 3
DensyoV
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi,

The Dashboard network-wide > clients page doesn't have a column or option to show the band on which the client is connected. The closest to it I would say is the channel width, any clients not connecting at 20 Mhz would be at 5Ghz. 

But then depending on your radio settings, clients at 20 Mhz can still be using the 5ghz channel.

Hope this helps.

Please hit kudos if you found this post helpful and/or click "accept as solution" if this solved your problem.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The channel width column in the clients page doesn't show the connected or configured width, but what is possible.  For example we have 5GHz set for all APs at one site to 20MHz or 40MHz and it shows 80MHz.  Therefore due to the abovementioned bug you could use this column!

chiggin1
Comes here often

I pulled up the the page for each access point and that shows the connections by channel.  A bit cumbersome for 85 WAP's but I got the figures

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels