Nest protect on Meraki AP's MR52 x2

mikeokenji
Conversationalist

Nest protect on Meraki AP's MR52 x2

I have been having a lot of issues keeping a bunch of nest security devices connected to each other. I'm using:

Nest Protect

Nest Detect x 10 (sensors)

Nest Connect x 3 (Wifi enabled range extenders)

I had the network in bridge mode for awhile, now trying L3 Roaming. 

Anyone seen this before or having experience getting these to work with each other?

Thanks in advance...

Mike 

8 REPLIES 8
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

I don't have experience with these, but don't use L3 roaming. This is not the use case for it. Those devices should not be roaming.

This page may help:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Wireless_Issue_Resolution_Guide

Got it. Thanks.
AnythingHosted
Building a reputation

I had to whitelist the Nest products (I am using adv. security and have some rules running that seemed to interfere). 

No problems after whitelisting them.

I whitelisted them. Also put them on a 2.4ghz only SSID in bridge mode (read on forums this could solve it). 

Fingers crossed. Thanks for the help.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Does the dashboard show they are connected when this problem is happening?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Does the dashboard event log show anything interesting around when the issue happens?

Definitely some weird disconnects and reconnects. Anchoring and then all over again. Anything I can do to remedy?

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but did you ever solve your issue, I also have a Nest Protect that refuses to connect to my Meraki Network.  Network is a L3 with Access Points in Bridge Mode, we also use advanced security on the MX.  I see lots of Connects/Disconnects in the logs but no indication of blocked services.

I did take the unit home and connected right up to the home Wifi.  Before I go adding a new SSID, Whitelisting, etc. I was just wondering if anyone has a configuration they know resolves the issue.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels